Please contact KnifeCo Support via email@example.com for all warranty and product support requests.
These Terms & Conditions apply to Standard and Extended Warranties of products purchased from KnifeCo.
In the event that You have a warranty claim, you will be asked to return the relevant Product to an Australian support centre.
These Terms & Conditions constitute a contract between the customer (you) and KnifeCo ABN 97 603 834 622.
Please note that you must keep your original product packaging in order to be eligible for our pick-up service. In the event that you do not have the original packaging, you will bear the responsibility for safely packaging your Product for transport and KnifeCo accepts no liability for any damage that may occur in transit.
KnifeCo provide the warranties and product support set out in these Terms & Conditions in relation to Products offered and supplied by KnifeCo from the website.
The warranties and product support set out in these Terms & Conditions are provided by KnifeCo irrespective of:
- the identity of the manufacturer of the Product;
- whether or not the manufacturer has provided its own warranties or product support in relation to the Product.
For the avoidance of doubt:
- We make no representations or warranty in relation to the existence, non-existence, validity, availability, terms or conditions of any other warranties or product support that may or may not be offered or provided by the manufacturer of the Product; and
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. The warranties and product support that we offer and provide pursuant to our Terms & Conditions are in addition to the consumer warranties and guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, KnifeCo agree to repair or replace the KnifeCo Product which it supplied to you at its own cost, in circumstances where the Product does not perform in accordance with KnifeCo’s specifications during:
- the Standard Warranty period of 12 months; or
- the applicable Extended Warranty period, commencing on the date of delivery of the Product. Where there is no proof of delivery, this date will be assumed to be 3 business days from the date of dispatch of the Product.
- The benefits provided to you by this contractual product warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
- Proof of purchase (invoice or paid Order confirmation) must be provided when requesting service under the Standard or Extended Warranties.
- KnifeCo requires any customer requesting service under the Standard or Extended Warranties to comply with directions from KnifeCo staff in relation to troubleshooting any issue and facilitating any repair or replacement under these Warranty Terms & Conditions.
- Where Products are already faulty or damaged upon delivery, photographic evidence of the damage must be submitted to KnifeCo Support via firstname.lastname@example.org before the Product will be repaired or replaced in accordance with these terms.
- KnifeCo reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, KnifeCo will determine, in its discretion, the closest Product within the then current range of Products offered by KnifeCo with which to replace the faulty or damaged Product. The replacement Product may differ with the replaced Product in size and specifications, at the reasonable election of KnifeCo. KnifeCo may replace parts with refurbished parts. Replacement of the Product or a part under the Standard Warranty or Extended warranty does not extend or restart the Standard Warranty or Extended Warranty period.
- If KnifeCo is unable to repair or replace the Product, the customer will be provided with credit for KnifeCo’s store or may be refunded the price of the Product (at KnifeCo’s election). This credit or refund will be for the amount of the purchase price of the Product excluding the associated Delivery Cost.
- In the event that a replacement, refund, or store credit is provided as per section 6, the faulty item will become the property of KnifeCo.
- Where KnifeCo authorises warranty service of a Product, KnifeCo will organise for our authorised courier to pick up the Product during business hours (between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday) and deliver it to the appropriate authorised repair centre, provided that the Product is safely and securely packaged for safe transport. In this situation KnifeCo will cover the cost of transport of the serviced Product to and from the Customer. Alternatively, the Customer may take the Product to the appropriate repair centre for service if KnifeCo specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so. Alternately, the Customer may post the Product as directed by KnifeCo if KnifeCo specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so, in which case KnifeCo will refund the Customer the cost of the postage on provision of a scanned copy of the postage receipt.The Customer is responsible to inspect all goods received from KnifeCo upon arrival. In instances where goods have been damaged in transit, the Customer must report this to KnifeCo within 3 days of receipt of the product. Failure to report physical damage on arrival within 3 days of receipt may result in denial of warranty for physical damage.
- KnifeCo reserves the right to determine which authorised repair centre (including KnifeCo’s internal repair facility) is the appropriate service location in any particular circumstance.
- The Product will be at the Customer’s risk while in transit to and from the KnifeCo Authorised Repair Centre.
- KnifeCo may seek reimbursement of any costs incurred by Us where the Product is found to be in good working order, or when it has been determined that the Standard Warranty and Extended Warranty do not apply as per section 17.
- KnifeCo reserves reasonable discretion to determine whether any Product is or is not performing in accordance with the KnifeCo’s specifications, subject to applicable law.
- The Standard and Extended Warranties are transferable to a new owner of a Product originally purchased from KnifeCo, provided KnifeCo is informed by contacting KnifeCo’s Sales via email@example.com within 7 days of the date of transfer.
- Extended Warranties are available for purchase for some Products, as listed on the Website. These Extended Warranties may be purchased up to 14 days after delivery of Your Products.
- Where an Extended Warranty is purchased, it will replace the 12-month Standard Warranty period with the extended warranty period (for example, either 3 or 5 years).
- KnifeCo is entitled to terminate the Extended Warranty by e-mail notice to the Customer in the event that, in KnifeCo’s opinion, the Product is used contrary to its specifications, in which case KnifeCo will pay a pro-rata refund for the unexpired period of the Extended Warranty less administration expenses.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Standard Warranty and Extended Warranty will not apply in respect of a Product:
- If the Product has not been installed, operated, maintained or used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or specifications provided with the Product;
- If the factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from the Product;
- Which has suffered damage, malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, any alterations (hardware or software), accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, mis-adjustment of customer controls, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, force majeure, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, the operation of a computer virus of any kind, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object in the Product;
- To damage arising during transportation, installation or while moving the Product, or to any transportation costs of the Product or any parts thereof to and from the Customer, unless otherwise specified in these Warranty Terms & Conditions;
- To any third-party software or hardware not contained in the Product as originally configured by the manufacturer;
- To any failure, to the extent that the failure is not a failure of the Product to perform in accordance with its specifications;
- To replacement or repair of any consumables (including batteries, projector lamps and cables), or lost parts or accessories;
- To service and support of any software operating system or application installed on any Product, except to assist in restoring the Product to its factory default settings; or
- To service of any product whilst it is outside Australia.
- To the full extent permitted by law:
- KnifeCo will not be liable for any loss, damage or alterations to third party hardware, software, programs, data and/or information stored on any media or any part of the Product, no matter how occurring; or for any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue, or for any resulting indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- KnifeCo’s aggregate liability in respect of all claims under the Standard Warranty and Extended Warranty shall not exceed the original purchase price of the Product or, at KnifeCo’s option, replacement of the Product with a like or similar Product.
- KnifeCo excludes all other warranties, conditions, terms, representations and undertakings whether express or implied.
- Insofar as they apply to warranties relating to KnifeCo Products supplied by KnifeCo, these Standard and Extended Warranty Terms & Conditions are governed by and must be construed according to the law of the State of New South Wales, Australia and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in that State.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
KnifeCo can be contacted by telephone at 04 5206 2162 or via firstname.lastname@example.org